Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Ragged Day

Tonight I saw the International Space Station serenely sailing from roughly west to east around 736pm, and earlier today, President Obama visited Cleveland State University (second visit since November, re-election season is starting). I stayed in bed: he is going to have to do a lot more to get to meet me, than just show up in a big limo.

News from Libya incensed me: Qaddafi deserves to be eviscerated in public by the people of Libya. I may have come late to this idea, but all these shakings of regimes and revolutions (see my earlier post) are perhaps the first moves being made in an enormous game, with ever-greater stakes, with no one country or group really in charge of the game, but the game will move inexorably to the biggest, most dangerous and most dazzling challenge of all: Beijing. With each collapsing regime, people everywhere are losing their fear.

That man in California must be regretting the day he turned away a cat.