Thursday, March 11, 2010

Tick, Tock

How can this man, putative New York senate candidate for the Republican Party, Dan Senor, be the same age as me? It baffles me. Am I the age at which 'normal' people run for the U.S. Senate?

I have resisted saying this before, for to state it seems to ground it in reality: time for me now flies past faster than I had ever imagined it possible. I did not know 38 would come this fast. I did not know that one could come to an appreciation of -- here comes an odd expression -- the 'length of time,' by which I mean, you could know its rough dimensions just by looking at it, holding it, as if it were a handful of sand.

Moving on to other things: it was nice to see former South African President de Klerk (right) in the news, after his marriage to a lovely local lady. May they both enjoy the sunny post-Apartheid days.