Sunday, July 19, 2009

Photos de Moi: The City At Night

One recent evening, I found myself in what seemed to be a deserted city... New York's main thoroughfares, empty, rain-soaked, bleak. Only this solitary man (above) did I spy, looking for his vehicle in vain, at a shuttered QUIK PARK.

"Good luck setting your car free," I thought under my breath, and trudged on.

Suddenly, out of the darkness: a car, all lights a-blazing, and straight towards me it came... A Nightmare on 34th Street? A Jabberwocky at very least!

Luckily, I seized this weapon, also deserted, and shoo-ed the crazy car away. Was it driven by the man from QUIK PARK? None shall ever know.

Even the dogs of the city had gone, leaving only their strange shadows.

And only when I had striven mightily and made it to Sixth Avenue, did I see the signs of humanity once more: but perhaps even these men are just a Crazy Fantasy...