Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Oregon Project


Later in the year I am hoping to make a trip to the Pacific north-west, specifically to Oregon. The plan is as yet a vague one but many thousands of years ago I was a broadcast major while at graduate school in New York and it is to these roots I want to return in the form of making a short documentary about a man from Belfast who has a vineyard in Oregon. (The image you see is a label from one of his bottles). I will soon have the basic equipment (camera, etcetera) at hand but if anyone gliding by on the great ebb tide of the Internet can suggest funding bodies or organisations that might be interested in such a project, please let me know.

I am now back in Edinburgh and though it is nippy outside it's also a big bright gorgeous sky free of clouds. It is probably raining in Northern Ireland.