Monday, January 30, 2012

Yesterdays

Few readers of this blog (and few you are!) know that yesterday, January 29th, is the anniversary of my birth, and also that of my very good friend, Oprah Winfrey, or OW! as she prefers. We got together as usual yesterday and using special technology only available to NASA and Oprah, we visited the Taj Mahal, then, as it was kind of crowded, we just came back home again. Oh OW! Happy birthday to all 01/29thers.

Because my birthday was coming up, I had to endure conversations like this all week:

Person: Oh, it's your birthday! That means you're ... Capricorn, same as Cinderblock, my sister-in-law! You two are very similar.

Me: No, Aquarius actually.

Person: Oh right! Then you're the same sign as my Auntie Ironingboard. She's Aquarius. [A darker mood descends] ...but so is her husband, Mongoose. I don't think they are likely to get along, do you?

Me: Well, I think astrology is unscientific mumbo-jumbo.

Person: No, not astrology!!! Your star signs. The Zodiac. You know the Zodiac? It explains Everything, you know, Everything?

Me: Errr...