Thursday, April 07, 2011

Fifth Avenue at Night

If I described to you a city scene of eyeless, suited agents of doom...


...and seated, unmoving, mocking mobsters...


...next to enormous, cracked and broken eggs, which had hatched...


...at least one ostrich, clutching its purse in its beak, startled-looking, uncertain which way to flee...


...from the headless drones descending a staircase, just so,...


...and women with such poise to frighten any man...


...and a lower-case a, suspended in air -- what would you say?


If I were to describe Fifth Avenue, and told you of a Goliath of a man, near-nude, hoisting a globe...


...and of outdoor tables and chairs -- or were they enormous blossoms grown in my dreams?...


...if I told you thus of my night time walk up Fifth Avenue...


...where lights burn through the eyes like tracer bullets...



...you'd call me mad for being here, and vow to never set foot in...


the city that never sleeps again.