Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Recently: Hudson River Park














One day recently, I sat on a grassy bank facing away from the River Hudson, and enjoyed the shade from a newly-planted sapling. I remember this was an exceptionally hot day, and so as I sat there, I fell asleep for a time. I left my camera rolling, recording video, and after I woke up, these are some still shots from the moments in the recording when someone flitted past on bike or foot.

To sit in Hudson River Park and gaze at this great river  at the point where it finally reaches the ocean: by far one of the best places in the entire city, even when it's raining. People trot, walk, stroll, cycle past, endlessly, as the tidal Hudson washes the fringe of Manhattan Island, sometimes with great swells and sometimes with barely a ripple...