Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Another day, another ghastly Palin rally

Christopher Hitchens (above) has endorsed Obama, less out of enthusiasm for him than disgust at the McCain-Painful ticket: "The most insulting thing that a politician can do is to compel you to ask yourself: "What does he take me for?" Precisely this question is provoked by the selection of Gov. Sarah Palin."

At yet another rally today, she stands up to speak, mentions Obama and a supporter roars: "kill him!" There is no condemnation of such viciousness from either her or McCain. She and he are tapping into the darkest forces of hate in America, and I hope they pay a breathtaking price for their folly. I hope current predictions of an Obama landslide prove accurate, and I hope the Republican Party is ruined and destroyed for at least a generation. [I'm still mentally preparing for a McCain win].