Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Curious George

From JamesWagner.com comes this:

'American involvement in World War II lasted exactly three years, eight months and one week. As of today, the American war in Iraq has lasted exactly three years, eight months and one week. There is of course no other equivalence.'

I thought that George W. Bush was monstrous from the moment he said he would run for President, and in 2000, on election night, in Tap-a-Keg on Broadway, I predicted that the bastard would enter the White House with only one real aim: 'How do I get to invade Iraq?' I don't know why I saw this. I just somehow smelt or sensed that he was a fraud. Everything this man touches, he ruins. Everything he says, is lies. All that is solid, melts. Living under the rule of another monster hundreds of years ago, Andrew Marvell wrote:

But Thou, the War's and Fortune's son,
March indefatigably on;
And for the last effect
Still keep thy sword erect:

Besides the force it has to fright
The spirits of the shady night,
The same arts that did gain
A power, must it maintain.

And there's more: I came across this image of a Fox News moment which dates from last March. Apparently someone at Fox, presumably someone high up, decided that the supposed civil war in Iraq had been invented by the 'left-wing media' as usual.